- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup + 1 TBS brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs (or 1/3 cup egg whites)
- 1 TBS. pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut (optional)
2. In a mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat the the coconut oil and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and beat until fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder with whisk. Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture. Add in the chocolate chips + coconut and mix well.
4. Drop by small rounded spoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 9 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
5. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool completely. Store in air tight container to maintain freshness!
What about you guys, whats your go to sweet treat? Please try these and share your thoughts below!!