Im sure many of you have heard of the oil cleansing method (washing your face with oil) when I first heard of it, I have to admit that I was very skeptical! However, the more I researched it, the more I wanted to try it, I finally did... and I LOVE it! I now use this as a night time facial cleanser every night! It also works as a great makeup remover too! There are many types of oils and extras you can add into your oil cleansing face wash. Here is what I use:
- Castor oil - 60%
- Jojoba oil- 40%
- Tea tree oil - just a few drops
- Lavender essential oil - few drops
Here is how I wash my face at night:
- Apply a dime size of the cleanser onto face and eyes to remove all dirt and makeup.
- Then get a wash cloth and run it under hot water and let the wash cloth set on face until it cools down then wipe away the cleanser and makeup.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 once more!
- You can still use your night moisturizer if you feel its needed!
Below is the recommendation Ratio for the oils. The main oil is castor oil, but for the secondary oil you can use whatever oil you prefer, most people recommend using sunflower oil, but its up to you! You can also use olive, coconut, almond, jojoba, or even avocado oil!
- Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.
Have you used this method before? What oils do you prefer? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this cleansing method!!