- Scrap Fabrics
- Bib Pattern (attached here)
- Liquid Stitch
- Snap Setter Tool
- Sewing Machine
1. Print out the two pieces of the pattern attached here (one for the front and one for the back).
2. Then fold your material pieces in half and place your straight end of the pattern on the folded part like the picture below.
3. Next pin the pattern to your material making sure you pin through both pieces.
4. Take your scissors and cut around your pinned pattern.
5. Repeat step 2-4 again but with your other material.
6. After you have your two patterns pinned and trimmed, pin them together making sure you are pining right side in and that the material is all lined up (it will look inside out).
Now the fun part… sew!!!
7. With your sewing machine, sew all the way around the bib as close to the edge as you can. Leave 1 small open area unstitched. (I use the zigzag stitch)
Wondering why we left that open spot?
9. Turn the bib right side out. Using liquid stitch for that little open spot, fold in the material to match the other side, apply the liquid stitch, and pinch together for a second to seal completely (if you know how to hand stitch, you can do it that way also).
10. Apply your snaps. You can use sew on snaps or you can use a snap setter tool to add your snaps (I use a snap setter tool and they come with instructions!!)