Since I have such a sweet tooth I am always looking for healthier options, and all I can say about these dark chocolate banana bites is YUMM!! I found this recipe from Super Healthy Kids here . If you aren't already following Super Healthy Kids on Facebook or Pinterest you should be now!
I just followed these steps and used dark chocolate chips instead of semi sweet and rolled them in sprinkles instead of coconut, but you could also roll them in just about anything you wanted!
- Cut bananas into chunks. Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper with a toothpick in each banana.
- Freeze first, bananas only, for about 1-2 hours.
- Melt some chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Take bananas out of the freezer and dip each one in the melted chocolate, and then in a bowl full of sprinkles, coconut, nuts, etc.
- Return bananas to the freezer until the chocolate hardens up!
What are you waiting for? Go make them!!